Getting into the Halloween spirit with Primula *- Beckie Rackham

Hi everyone, Beckie again with a foodie post this time. I was contacted by Primula for my outside blog to see if I wanted to cook up some spooky recipes for Halloween and Autumnal treats too; I made the Autumnal loaded sweet potato skins here if you want to see that, but on here I thought I'd show you the two really easy Halloween recipes. (Apologies for my lack of cooking skills)

Mummified cheese and tomato faces

You'll need:
2 slices of bread
Tube of Primula with ham
Tomato Puree
Halved olives with red peppers (I didn't have those so just used dried fruit to give them eyes)



Steps:
  1. Toast the bread
  2. Cut circles in the toast using a 3” pastry cutter (or anything circular, I used a glass)
  3. Top with tomato puree and spread
  4. Bake at 200°C for 5 minutes
  5. Mummify your toast using Primula cheese squeezed in stripes to look like bandages
  6. Place your olives on top for eyes
Guacamole pepper lanterns

You'll need: 
2 Peppers
1 Avocado
Chilli flakes
1 tube Primula Original
Jest of lime
1/4 red onion

Steps:
  1. Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone
  2. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl
  3. Crush with a fork too desired texture (we like it chunky)
  4. Add the onion, lime and chilli
  5. Mix well and serve
  6. To make the lanterns, cut the top off four peppers (orange or red are best) and de-seed. Carve your spooky face into the front
Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you decide to have a go yourself!
My blog: www.beckieione.com

This is the last post before the reading week break, normal blog posting routine will resume afterwards. Have a lovely reading week and have fun on Halloween and Bonfire night if you have plans!
Beckie x

1 comment:

  1. the stuffed peppers are a really good idea! i usually just stuff them with cheddar or moz, so i'll try this soon

    ReplyDelete